develop a strategic plan to aid your transition into the role of a professional nurse.
In a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA style, develop a strategic plan to aid your transition into the role of a professional nurse. In your paper, address each of the following criteria:
- Discuss factors influencing your decision to obtain a BSN degree.
- Discuss how the role of the baccalaureate differs from your current role.
- Describe new opportunities that may be available after degree completion.
- Examine one of the two models of socialization discussed in your readings and place yourself in one of the stages.
- Provide your rationale for that placement.
- If none of the models or stages fits your experience, create your own model (or stage).
- Identify two professional short-term goals.
- Identify two professional long-term goals.
- Expound upon the challenges and barriers you face in pursuit of your short- and long-term goals.
- Identify mentors and support systems that aid you in overcoming challenges and barriers necessary to achieve goals.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the South University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template
Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.