Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management Entrepreneurial Ventures
You currently work for a consultancy firm that provides advice and market intelligence to small businesses and entrepreneurs. As part of updating the new website you have been tasked with investigating different types of ventures and their impact upon the economy to put on a webpage. This is a mini research project that is based on a range of different examples, one of which should be a local business. You should choose one example of each type of entrepreneurship, at least one of which should be a local business. You must describe and compare different environments for each of your examples and evaluate their impact on the economy at different levels.
Primary research could be conducted for your choice of local business. Primary research may include the use of interviews, existing videos or questionnaires completed by practicing entrepreneurs.
To present your findings you can either :
- Create a webpage that provides the information and present this to your colleagues,
- Design a short PDF brochure guide to link to the webpage.
*Please access HN Global for additional resources support and reading for this unit. For further guidance and support on effective research please refer to the Study Skills Unit on HN Global. Link to www.highernationals.com
The submission is in the form of
• a built webpage to be presented to your colleagues as a 10-minute presentation.
• A link to your webpage should be provided and the submission should be in the form a screenshot with additional speaker notes for the presentation and a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system.
• The submission could also be in the form of a PDF brochure guide to small businesses.
• You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs, subsections and illustrations as appropriate and all work must be supported with research and referenced using the Harvard referencing system.
• Please also provide a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system. The recommended word limit is 1,000–1,500 words, although you will not be penalised for exceeding the total word limit.