Module 09: Critical Thinking
Medication Errors â€“ Policy and Procedures (110 points)
Medication error reporting is an essential component of patient safety. Please review the following article:
Alsulami, S. L., Sardidi, H., Almuzaini, R. S., Alsaif, M. A., Almuzaini, H. S, & Moukaddem A. K. (2019). Knowledge, attitude and practice on medication error reporting among health practitioners in a tertiary care setting in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Medical Journal, 40(3), 246-251.
Write a 5-6-page paper, not including the cover and reference pages, using the readings, research, and your knowledge of medication error reporting to analyze the following:
- The prevalence and common causes of medication errors
- Consequences on patients including types of harm
- The barriers to medication error reporting
- Provide a recommendation for policies and procedures addressing the reporting of medical errors
- Recommend how to evaluate whether the policy is effective
Your report should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be 5-6 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
- Be formatted according to Saudi Electronic University and APA writing guidelines.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of six scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but four must be external.
- Utilize headings to organize the content of your work.
You are strongly encouraged to submit all assignments to the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting them to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment to the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check Student Guide.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!